Our approach is to encourage the development of healthy, well-trained individuals, through positive influences and reinforcements. It is through this platform of three key components that participants are to develop lifestyle skills that will benefit them in igniting dreams for an overall productive life
- REFLECT: Experience a time of awareness and think about life's past and present obstacles. Many things can affect positive growth, whether it is people, places or things that have caused a negative cycle to happen. It is the method of thinking differently, changing negative locations, and eliminating harmful individuals while starting over with positive experiences.
- VISUALIZE: Foresee creating and nurturing one's purpose in life while envisioning new ideas, future goals, and lifelong dreams. Journey Inc. encourages an entrepreneurial spirit in a driven individual. It is focusing on where one wants to be not where one has been, and will open a door to a world of optimism and opportunity.
- PLAN: Now focus on building a bridge between dream and reality. Establish realistic goals and craft tools that can be implemented towards success. Vision moves into action where it is no longer a dream, but a concrete plan that works towards overall change. Journey Inc. provides the professional tools of life for the developmental growth of healthy, profitable individuals who have overcome life's hurdles. We stand behind them with our motto: "One of self-love and self-worth."
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR BIO
George Worrell has remained at the forefront of Washington, DC's high-profile style and event-planning world for over fifteen years. His talent and experience have been acclaimed for the grand, yet always, elegant events he has planned. George has appeared as a commentator of lifestyle subjects in a number of media including:
- Re-occurring Style Contributor: WHUR 96.3, CBS News, ABC News, NBC News, Cable, Washington, DC branches of national stations
- On Tour Spokesman: Author of "On the Other Side of Style: A Memoir"
- Presenter: DC Mayor's Arts Awards
- Political Appointee: Commissioner on the board of Small and Local Business Development
- Guest Speaker: City of Refuge Author's Day, Anacostia High School Career Day Washington, DC. Featured Speaker DC Incarcerated Youth Career Day
- Office of Motion Picture & TV Development, Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED)
- Featured in UPTOWN MAGAZINE DC June/ July 2011 Issue as "DC FINEST"
- Guest Host on Martha Stewart Living XM Radio Show
George's reach extends far past the broad range of his event styling. He recently published his first book, "On the Other Side of Style: A Memoir", for which he is soon starting a nationwide book tour. "Washington, D.C. is the home of my heart, it is where I lived some of the best years of my life and I want to give back to the community which gave so much to me." George is now looking forward to serving as the Executive Director of Journey, Inc., a nonprofit organization that educates and inspires those looking for a new and fresh perspective on life.